Students record progress and capability by telling the story of their learning in an online journal. They can create text, upload digital photographs, capture audio and video or upload computer files (e.g. Word, Excel) created on any digital device - a desk or laptop PC, a mobile phone, etc. They can then map this evidence to assessment activities that have been assigned to them.
- Blog/Diary entries are created for each new piece of evidence with reflection always at the front of the process.
- The user makes their reflection and then tags the file against the activities or portfolio tasks that a teacher has created for the student.
- Media can be uploaded via mobile phone or by using one of the upload tools which include drag and drop functionality. Video and audio is then automatically converted into a streamable format.
- Other users can add comments to diary entries just like a blog. Users can also add virtual sticky notes.
- The Learner Journal also appears in a timeline recording the students' experiences and development over time.