News & Press Releases
To help keep the community abreast of developments with our MAPS family of products, TAG Developments have launched a new 21st Century Learning blog. This blog will:
* share case studies and exemplary use ePortfolios across our community
* demonstrate how easily mobile devices can be integrated into the classroom for capturing evidence of capability
* share the MAPS vision of distributed portfolio use across individuals, institutions and accreditation organisations
* include news and views of information relating to evidence based assessment and portfolio building across the learning community.
To view the blog, click: http://three.maps-ict.com/public/list/userid/7125
TAG Developments have been selected as partners in the JISC sponsored PIOP 3 project which is developing the Leap2A specification for ePortfolio interoperability. We believe that ensuring interoperability between different ePortfolio systems is vital to the long term success of the ePortfolio project and community. End users need to know that time invested in one ePortfolio system now can easily be transferred to another system at a later date.
For comprehensive information on the project including links to the other project partners, click: http://wiki.cetis.ac.uk/LEAP2A_specification
LiveAssess, part of the MAPS 3 product range, won an award in the recent eAssessment Scotland conference as part of the e-scape Scotland submission.
The e-Assessment Association launched the e-Portfolio Special Interest Group (SIG) with an aim to provide a forum for those interested or involved in the development and implementation of e-Portfolios, offering the opportunity to discuss their role and impact in learning and teaching.
Attendees had the chance to discuss how the SIG will achieve the following objectives:
• have a role in shaping educational policy and strategy
• establish an e-Portfolio knowledgebase
• share information and promote good practice
• contribute to the development of standards
TAG Business Development Director Matt Wingfield and Development Director Karim Derrick will be presenting in 4 sessions at the Eifel Learning Forum ePortfolio conference 2009 hosted by City University, London.
The four sessions presented at this year's conference include:
* Interoperability for Qualification ePortfolios – the creation of an open standard
* Using ePortfolios to support the Subjective Assessment of Coursework through the use of Comparative Pairs Assessment
* Using ePortfolios to Support the Assessment of Qualification Coursework